[Eph 6:11 KJV Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.]
· loins girt about with truth
· breastplate of righteousness
· feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace
· shield of faith
· helmet of salvation
· sword of the Spirit
· Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit
· mystery of the gospel
· ambassador in bonds
I know when you see pictures of a person wearing the armour, you see the loins girt, breastplate, feet shod, shield, helmet and sword; but I’m taking to the end of the verse and saying without prayer, understanding the gospel and knowing the bonds called by holiness, you’re not going to win this fight.
A person preparing for battle learns how to use the tools given them, but they also must obtain the strength and understanding of how to use the tools. This is a war on your soul. Your relationship with Jesus matters. He isn’t going to marry you if you don’t care enough about Him to fight against the lies of this world and for the Truth of Him.
[2Co 10:2-6 KJV But I beseech you, that I may not be bold when I am present with that confidence, wherewith I think to be bold against some, which think of us as if we walked according to the flesh. For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.]
Knowing that "Satan" is just a describing word or title (like jerk, thief; you can steal one thing or a thousand things and you still fall under a thief title). The bible defines Satan as any thought, emotion, action, word or intent against the knowledge of God (which is Truth). [2Co 2:11 KJV 11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.] [1Jo 2:16 KJV For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.] ALL, powerful little word; means there is nothing outside of it. If there was a fable pitch fork holding, angel that has all the powers of God to influence you and everyone else on the planet, that would make him a lesser god (yet God doesn’t knows of no other God’s) [Isa 44:8 KJV Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.] [Mar 7:15 KJV There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.] Anyway, this is about the armour, if you want to know about fairy tale devil read the blogs on the evil in this world.
[Rom 1:20-25 KJV For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.]
Rom 1:20 explains that the invisible things are understood by the natural things. The scriptures following explain how how they once knew God, the truth, but didn't keep their armor in tact or on. They lost the battle. Your relationship with Jesus and your eternal salvation is at stake, check and put on the whole armour of God daily.
- Loins girt about with truth: loins are your reproductive parts. You have the ability to produce thousands of thoughts in minutes. When you dwell on these thoughts without lining them up to the word for truth or not, you're reproducing evil. When you are checking them for truth and rejecting or casting out, you have your loins girt about with truth. The only way to have this is by putting on the mind of Christ; which is the word of God. If you are not reading, studying and faithful to hear a preacher of Truth, you do not have Truth to girt your mind with.
- Breastplate of righteousness: The breastplate or Ephod was a garment of praise in holiness. It’s guarding your heart from the things without. Holiness is a necessary must for living for God. The breastplate protects your heart, this is from the things without. Holiness not only goes into your dress, but your actions and what you allow in. If you don’t have it on, you’ll allow anything to come in and “kill” your heart.
- Feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace: Are you wearing your own decisions or are you wearing the gospel of peace? What? When you take off your shoes because you’ve stepped onto holy ground, you’ve told the Lord “lead me and I will follow”. The peace comes from knowing you’re being lead of God. You’re not making your plans, you’re asking God for His plans for your daily walk and life.
- Shield of faith: “wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.” Fiery darts of the wicked, anyone speaking against the truth, persecuting your walk and life. When you have the faith once delivered unto the Saints, when someone or group of people come against you, you have the understanding to block it from taking you down. You can block their words and what they are “screaming” at you.
- Helmet of salvation: Is Christ your head or are you leading your life? Salvation is in Christ. Is the blood applied to your life? Are you walking in the Spirit? Are your decisions coming from Christ or are you taking your helmet off. God has a divine order, God, Christ (anointed ministry), the man, the women and then the children. When you are walking in obedience and protecting your ministry & the Truth preached, your helmet of salvation in on. When you speak; even an opinion, against those in authority in your church; you have no put a hole in your helmet. That hole can cost you your salvation.
- Sword of the Spirit: the word of God. Keep it sharp and ready to be used. If you are not sharpening it up, a dull sword will not cut. And the word goes down to the very marrow of the bones. The word of God is a two edged sword, not a knife. One side cuts and the other heals. The word will circumcise the heart and keep you in covenant with God. It is also to use to defend against the elements (principalities, powers and rulers of darkness), without it you will lose your battle and soul. Light is truth, darkness is lie. Those who do not know the truth are rulers and being ruled by darkness, lies. The sword will cut through the lies and shine light on it.
- Praying always: prayer and supplication in the Spirit. You need the Holy Ghost. Prayer is a two way conversation and supplication is necessary with God. God, is who you are talking to. Without prayer you will die; spiritually and naturally. He changes you and uses you to change with world. But try finding a place without asking for directions or even the name of the place you’re looking for… that is a life without prayer in the Holy Ghost. How can you watch without prayer? You’re not sober to watch, but drunk on the things of this world.
- Mystery of the gospel: Acts 2:38 is just the door. If you don’t know the rest of the gospel, you don’t understand how to stand in the evil day. Death to the old man (which is the serpent, carnal nature), baptism or daily washing and cleansing yourself with the water of the word and resurrection or walking in the life of the Spirit of Truth and liberty of the law of Christ. Apostolic doctrine revealing the old in the light of truth. Understanding the types and shadows, so you can do all the above. Mystery of the gospel.
- Ambassador in bonds: Oh the world thinks we are being deprived of things because we do not go or do the things this flesh desires. We have standards and holiness. Being a walking and living epistle for Christ. Who is holy and righteousness. No, we proclaim the liberty of bonds of Christ, protection from the chains of darkness Truth set us free from. I don’t like the pit of hell. I love the freedom from sin and it’s payment. I speak boldly of the privilege of restraints in Christ, because freedom comes within the perfect law of liberty.
[Eph 6:10-20 KJV Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.]
Put on the whole armour of God and walk victorious in this life and rejoice in the life to come.
Submitted by: Tina Marie